Sunday 20 June 2010

Fathers' Day

Last night I received a message from my brother saying "can you please make a card from me and give it to Mum so I can sign it when I arrive in the evening on Fathers Day". Cheeky wotsit! However, as I am a kind big sis I made the above card for him to give my Dad. I really like the zingy colour combination and I couldn't wait to use my new star punch.
Below is the card that I created for my Dad from me (and Immy). It's based on one of fabulous cards I received when I took part in the 'One For The Men' swap in April/May this year. I "had" to buy the stamp saying Fathers' Day as I didn't have one already but I can see that this stamp will get plenty of use in the future as it's so versatile and masculine. The heart stamps in the background are from the set called Hello Again.

Below is the card my clever 8 month old daughter made her Daddy. Ok, so I did help a bit! Still it was her who inspired the layout. The Bella Bleu papers always seem pretty feminine to me, as they are swirly and girly, but we managed to 'butch them up' with some Chocolate Chip cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!