Thursday 10 June 2010

Teaching Teachers

Today was my first day back at my day job: teaching. But luckily for me I was able to have a nice start to my return by teaching some teachers how to make cards as part of Staff Development Day. We had novices and experts in the sessions and everyone created some unique designs. A lot of the fun was seeing what the people around each other were doing with the supplies. There was a lot of adapting of designs to make them their own.
There was a lot of concentration required!
And a lot of fun and laughter was enjoyed by all (I hope!)
This card was my favourite use of the supplies in this class. Even more unusual was that it was made by a man! Yes, we had a lovely guy from the History department making cards. I have to say he had the most imaginative way of using the supplies. This was probably kick-started by the fact that he had to "butch-up" the rather feminine Sunny Day scrapbook kit! The butterflies are layered up, so for example the Old Olive butterfly on the left was sat on top of a Tempting Turquiose butterfly. The holes were punched with a Crop-a-dile and Dimensionals were used to raise the top butterflies higher.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous CPD day. Where do you teach? Is it The Wavell, I know they were on INSET today????
    Thanks for sending me the new info, am off for the weekend but will look more closely when I get back.
    Take care, enjoy your weekend.
    LOL Bxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!