Thursday 19 August 2010

Super scraps

Having seen this great post on Kristin's blog recently I decided that my scrap bowl could do with a clear out! Sadly I don't have all the colours that Kristin used but I put together a few different combinations. Last night I made these 3x3" cards based on the same designs as I'd seen Kristin do with with a few twists. I used the Boho Blossoms, Heart Trio and Large Oval punches.

This top set features Close To Cocoa, Brocade Blue and.... I need to look up the other two shades to be sure! But anyway I think this set looks quite smart and also Scandinavian.
I added a few details with a white gel pen and the sentiments came from the SAB set, Happy Moments (I can't stop using that set!) and the swirly sentiments are from Sincere Salutations stamp set in Chocolate Chip. This lower photo has Taken with Teal, Rose Red, More Mustard and Chocolate Chip card colours. I think that this set is quite funky.
However, now I realise why people enjoy colour challenges! I spent a lot more time deciding on the colour combinations than actually making the cards!!!
How is your day going? We had a nice little trip to Argos as Munchkin has been cold at night, despite having about 5 layers on so we've invested in a little cot duvet. Awww.

1 comment:

  1. Well, what a treat to be an inspiration to you! I love your variations to these fun little cards- and your colors are great! Thanks so much for the shout out, I'm so glad you liked them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!