Tuesday 24 August 2010

Up up and away!

Hooray my blog is looking "normal" again! Thanks to the kind people on the Blogger help page I'm back in action! This has allowed me to add a number of classes to the schedule that you can see here. Plenty of Christmas-y goodness for you.

Today's card is a variation on the one from a couple of days ago. However I have made this for my cousin who will turn 14 on Thursday so I wanted to make it look more 'adult' but still just as fun. I ended using an unusual combination of Summer Sun (yellow), Taken with Teal and Old Olive, based on the retired DSP with polka dots. Again the base of the hot air balloon (the basket?) is stamped from the Big Bold Birthday set.

The birthday wishes stamp is from Sincere Salutations. I only recently purchased this set but it's proved really versatile and useful. The treat cup is filled with Skittles (I hope she likes lemon ones!). The penguin in the hot air balloon is from a retired set called Wild About You, and was stamped in black Staz On. I guess you could use any animal/person stamp though. Already I am imagining Christmas treat cup cards with Santa or Rudolph in the hot air balloon!

As you can probably tell, I free-handed the cloud and hills. I added a bit of doodling to the cloud edges to make them pop a bit. Apologies for the poor quality photo, by the time I'd sorted the blog the light was fading fast!

Lastly, this was Munchkin on Sunday morning. I made a dozen cupcakes before 9.30am for a family party and Munchkin helped me out by licking the icing off the beaters! Haha. You should have seen the state of her when I got her out of her highchair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!