Sunday 29 August 2010

Wedding Weekend

This weekend we went to the wedding of a dear school friend of mine. We don't see each other much as she lives in NYC but our friendship has endured. We had a great time and the happy couple looked fit to burst with joy.

For their wedding present I wanted to make a gift that they could keep and look back on their happy day. Or I guess they could add honeymoon pictures. The book is made up with a monochrome theme, featuring the DSP in the Spring Mini catalogue. Just over a month left to get your hands on these papers before the Mini is withdrawn! I also used some gorgeous rub-ons and ribbon for texture.

As you can see the book unfolds a lot. I also decorated the pages with some double-sided stickers and flocking (sadly not yet available from SU!) for extra texture.

It was great to use the rub-ons. These are another supply that I don't make the most of. This central flap is one big rub-on that I simply cut out to make a tag.

The matching card also used Bride DSP paper. I love love love this paper as it is so beautitfully textured. I showed this to the ladies at my class on Thursday and they liked how the paper has a nice sheen to it too. The design of the card is stolen totally from the current Ideas Book and Catalogue, and I loved using my Pretties kit.
The envelope and inside of the card were stamped in Basic Black ink with Baroque Motifs and a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter. All matching, just how I like it!
Fingers crossed the happy couple get joy from the gifts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!