Tuesday 7 September 2010

No place like home

I can't bear to see my odds and ends go to waste so today I made something with them! I saw the idea in Simply Handmade magazine (mar/apr 2010). In the magazine it was a Valentine feature but I altered it to be a bit less seasonal.

The main base was some packaging card from a DSP pack. I traced the letters onto it and cut them out with a craft knife and scissors. I then adhered some Sweet Pea DSP stack onto each rectangle and cut out the letters again. On the reverse I added some vellum to make translucent windows. If you look carefully you can just about see candlelight shining through the vellum letters.

To join the pieces together I punched a hole using my Crop-a-dile and loosely tied polka dot Soft Suede grosgrain ribbon through the holes. I am so sad that the polka dot ribbon is going barely before it really arrived. (sigh)

Still, I had a great time using all my felt stitched embellishments and a few bits from the Pretties kit too. On the far right panel I even punched a few hearts.

Even more excitement was added to today when my new catalogue arrived in the flesh. Ladies, you will LOVE it! Not long for you to wait now and then we can all go shopping!!! Hope you've had a good Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!