Thursday 23 September 2010

Tealight holder

Today's project is something I whipped up while Munchkin took a short nap. I got the tutorial from ILWS, I think it was designed by Melanie Reid. (If you know, please let me know via the comments!) The idea is to use a battery operated tealight as the vellum etc. is obviously highly flammable. Unfortunately I couldn't locate my battery ones so I was very bad and used a regular tealight, just for the photos.

The colours used are Pink Passion, Orchid Opulence, Glorious Green and Pixie Pink. The patterned paper strip is from the Simply Scrappin' kit, Sunny Day, which is sadly not being carried over to the new catalogue! I couldn't resist using some stitched felt to decorate the outside of the holder too!
This shot shows you a birds-eye view of the tealight holder. This project was sooo quick to put together but I think the result is pretty effective.

Check out my new kit by mail - it's available now!
Hope you are having a good day and are not too soggy. It's pouring with rain here so we're entertaining ourselves indoors until Nanny and Uncle Philip arrive to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!