Sunday 3 October 2010

Catalogue Launch Party

Where has the weekend gone? I am so sorry for going AWOL for a few days. As you will see, I have had Stampin' Up! at the forefront of my mind all weekend...

Since there was the new catalogue to celebrate I held a Catalogue Launch Party and invited those people who had ordered from me in the past year. In total I think that there were 16 or 17 people. To be honest, it got a bit crazy at one point and the house was just FULL!

Above you can see a display I had of the new clear mount stamps. Everyone seemed to really like them, particularly the cool DVD case storage. Small storage and easy to find DVD storage units. Surrounding the display are some 3D projects that I either have received in swaps from various people or made myself. (I am sure that I will be posting pictures of these in the coming days) We began the party with a catalogue treasure hunt. There was a lot of concentration required, as you can see! It was a fun and light-hearted start to the event, and I was surprised at the competitive streak some of my dear friends showed!! As well as their own copy of the NEW gorgeous catalogue (see on the right for an electronic version) everyone got a goodie bag with various flyers, punched shapes and a pen and notepad set. Each pen is filled with a piece of Greenhouse Gala DSP in Daffodil Delight. The notepads had the person's name on them or friend, depending on how long I knew they were coming in advance!! The notepads are covered in Whisper White CS and stamped with an Ornate Flowers stamp in Pear Pizzazz and Poppy Parade (In Colors). I hand drew the faux stitched edging in Basic Black and then stamped the person's name/friend in Daffodil Delight. using my Simply Perfect alphabet stamps. The final stage was a small piece of Poppy Parade CS and voila!
Everyone also had the opportunity to get inky! You can see how lovely and tidy the Make & Take table looked shortly before everyone arrived. Here is the Make & Take project. It's features Baja Breeze (blue), Chocolate Chip and Whisper White and is stamped with Serene Snowflakes stamps. Simple but effective. I think I have a few Baja Breeze converts on my hands!!
Then there are the refreshments! My Mum is a saint and she baked lemon drizzle cake and flapjacks, which complemented my pumpkin blondies and Chocolate chip cookies beautifully. If you look carefully you can see that I even managed to bring Stampin' Up! to this corner of the party too, as I made name labels for the cakes using my supplies!!

And lastly this is the youngest member at the party... Little Alexander. What an angel. Amazingly he slept through quite a bit of the party (read: noisy women squealing) and enjoyed his toys in between that!!

So, another fun Stampin' Up! afternoon. By the way, if you fancy ordering but want to avoid the postage and are happy to pick up your own order, I will be placing an order on the last Sunday of each calendar month for my own supplies and will allow you tag your order on. However if you can wait, you can just go mad and order from me now!! Your order could be with you within days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!