Monday 4 October 2010

Greenhouse Gala overload!

Good morning! I thought I would share some of the cards that have been part of my world for the past month. I'm soooo happy to be able to show them to you!!!

Above is a card that I made for a swap at a training event I attended last month. I thought I had designed something simple... but I can tell you that making 70 was not quite as simple as I had envisaged. Could it be the 3 different patterned papers? The 3 punched elements? The sponging? Or perhaps it's the fact that I left myself too short a time! (Can you tell that it is the latter?!)

Anyway I am thrilled with the result. I even made a blue version too. The patterned paper comes from the Greenhouse Gala DSP. I was over the moon when I saw this paper in the flesh. It is just divine. The colours featured are Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie. I used the Hello Again stamp set, and stamped the background using Crumb Cake ink (aka Kraft).

The small yellow flower was punched from the Boho Blossoms punch and finished with a small silver brad. The large flower was made from a large scalloped circle punch that then had petals cut into it and the edges sponged in Pumpkin Pie ink. The centre of the large flower was a Dimensional (foam pad) that was coated in glitter from the Cosmos glitter set.

Finally there was a strip of Daffodil Delight ribbon and a large oval punch with the sentiment. I used a Pear Pizzazz marker to go around the edge of the oval and draw faux stitching.

Hope you are having a fantastic Monday! See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!