Saturday 15 January 2011

Embossing all over the place

A late post today as it's been a busy day. I went along to Natalie's training session today and had a fab time. We had business training as well as gaining lots and lots of great ideas for future classes, demonstrations and so on. Oh and we spent over 4 hours stamping and chatting!
(If this sounds like fun to you, why not join my team? You'd be able to attend training sessions too! Contact me for more information)
Anyway, I got back too late to photograph anything that I'd like to share so instead I have this card for you. It features a lot of embossing - the background is clear embossed using the Very Vintage jumbo wheel, the words & All A Flutter butterfly are in gold embossing powder.
The 'thanks' greeting is from the Sale-A-Bration set So Happy For You. Such a fun font, and one of the sets that you can choose for FREE with every £45 worth of products ordered until the end of February.
I've used Chocolate Chip and Rich Razzleberry to compliment the golden butterfly. Lots of distressing to the edges and sponging for texture. Currently I appear to be glued to my distressing tools...
The butterfly is attached to the card with a Dimensional that is attached to a 1p coin so that the butterfly spins along the long oval window. Sweeeeeeet! I have the adapted the tutorial I saw ages ago on Monica Gale's website and it's such an easy technique.
If you are interested in learning how to make this type of mechanism on a card, you'll love my Easter class as we'll be making a card that has the same moving part!! Click on the 'Classes' tab at the top of the page for dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!