Sunday 30 January 2011

Hanging out the bunting

Back at last. It's been a busy few days, as weekends always tend to be. I had a lovely group of ladies over on Saturday making Alien cards, a bit of shopping, babysitting for a friend, seeing my sister and parents and having a little creative time! Phew!!

This is what I made in the short amount of creative time I had. It's inspired by one by Kristina Werner and features a variety of scraps of patterned paper. I stamped the bunting using the stamp in Party This Way stamp set in Versamark to make cutting them out really straightforward. They were each put through my beloved crimper for some texture.

The base card is Bashful Blue and then I free-hand cut the clouds from Whisper White. The sentiment is from Party This Way and I coloured it using markers that complemented the patterned papers. This was then punched out with the window punch and then layered on a piece of Crumb Cake that was punched with the modern label punch.

I couldn't resist using the cute little birdie from the Bliss Sale-A-Bration set. So sweet!! He's been stamped in Soft Suede.

Hope you've had a bit of creative time to yourself this weekend. See you again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!