Tuesday 28 June 2011

Busy Bees

Hello again! I have finally been able to upload this card!! Last night I must have spent an hour trying to do it and nearly threw the laptop at the wall but today it appears to be loading just fine!

This is my entry to the Less is More sketch challenge. This stamp of a bee is just adorable and thought that embossing them in gold would make them *pop*. Hopefully I succeeded. The stamp comes from the set, Nature Walk, which is just fabulous.

The card was quite challenging to make plain as I had a huge urge to add glitter or brads or ribbon but I fought that urge!! The sentiment comes from the new Level 2 hostess set that you can find in the Mini catalogue. Mmmm love it. I stamped it in Sahara Sand, and I have to say that having sentiments in clear makes using them a breeze!

Hope you like!

11 comments:

  1. I do really like it Cate
    LOVE the simplicity, so elegant
    the bees don;t look as if they are quite straight, but, maybe the picture, or maybe you wanted them like that! No offence.
    Chrissie did a tut on our first week of a stamp positioner.
    Love the gold, agree they really pop
    Thank you so much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty and simple card Cate. Those bee's look fab with the gold embossing. It's hard to resist that urge to embelish, but this card doesn't need anything else :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do pop, lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gold embossing on those bees a great card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and elegant card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can definitely say that great minds think alike! I love how you embossed your bees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those bees!
    What a great stamp!
    Thanks so much for joining us !
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, what a beautiful use of one of my favourite stamps!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossing...beautiful card!
    My Card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Less is beautiful, Cate!
    Not sure whether my comments are getting through at the moment, I seem to be having some problems with the blogger password. I love Nature Walk too and have just posted this morning a card here: http://tiarahelen.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-love-natural-look.html

    TFS helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thought you (all) might like to know that my not being able to comment before is a bug. When you pick google ID from the "comment as" box below, if you have a cross in the "stay logged in" box, it won't let you post a comment. If you just click to remove the cross, it works!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!