Wednesday 8 June 2011

Monochrome Rose



Hooray hooray it is Wednesday! Firstly I want to show you this card. I'm entering this into the Daring Cardmakers challenge which is June roses (or honeysuckle). Love this Manhatten Flower embossing folder. I've embossed three of them and then cut out layers which I coloured with a blender pen to give extra dimension. I saw this technique on Vicky's blog a few weeks ago and couldn't resist trying it myself.




The other challenge I'd like to enter this into is Less is More challenge week 18, where the challenge is Monochrome. The colours I've used are Whisper White and Pirouette Pink. Such an elegant combination that you almost forget that only two colours were used.



Apologies for the poor quality photo - my camera has packed up today!!

Oh no!!!! Had to use my phone instead.



Yes, yes I've already posted today but what you might have noticed is that my posts haven't been too chatty the past week... that's because I was away on holiday!!! Where did I go, you wonder? Well... it wasn't Spain.... it wasn't the Carribean but here is a photo, and see if you can guess:


Sun, sand and the sea! Lovely and hot too... it was SWEDEN! The most unexpected beach holiday ever (in my opinion). We had a fabulous time on the beach and got to know Malmo and Halmstad over the course of the week. Such a pretty country.





Here is us on a sweltering day out for lunch. My timer worked! Not the best photo I've ever taken but quite sweet to get the three of us together. Poor Munchkin found the heat rather trying!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a lovely holiday, this card is beautiful the layering looks very effective! Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"
    If you could possibly remove word verification it would make commenting a lot simpler for us and with over 200 entries for our challenges every week that's a whole lot of comments!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card you made Cate, the dimension to it is great. The holiday looks fab too. Sweden - never would have guessed it!

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rose...so soft and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the embossing folder. Will have to give that a go! I also used this folder for my dcm entry!!! Lovely holiday pic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, beautiful rose effect
    Glad you had a good holiday, super pic!
    Thank you so much
    Diva LIM mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely - and so are your photos.
    Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers' Roses and Honeysuckle challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, your rose is very striking. Thanks dropping by at The Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! And...your vacation sounds wonderful!
    Susan@Keeping in Touch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!