Thursday 21 July 2011

Inspired by...

Having taken part in some of the Daring Cardmakers challenges I was checking out the blog this week to see what the challenge is. It was based on the site Pinterest which is a cool site where you can make your own virtual pinboards using pictures from all over the web. Well, it's taken me this long because I've been addicted to the site ever since!

Anyway here is my card for the challenge:



My brother seems to be attending a wedding every week this summer so he asked me to make him some cards. This one is based on a card designed by Monica Gale. Hers was purple and featured butterflies so you can tell I've made my own version.

I had trouble adding the picture from Pinterest but here is a link to her website itself. I promise it IS on Pinterest though!

Here are a couple of close-ups:



This shows the gold embossed crown; the crown is from Artistic Etchings. The Cherry Cobbler hearts are stamped with Bella Toile background stamp and the Very Vanilla heart has been stamped in Crumb Cake with the circle stamp also from Artistic Etchings.



The sentiment was from the set Wedding Sweet and I finished it off with Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon and plenty of pearls!

3 comments:

  1. A really lovely card Cate - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I really love the layout. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!