Saturday 10 December 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Day 10

Hello and welcome to Day 10. Aren't the days leading up to Christmas always on fastforward?!

Today I have a banner to share with you. It's base is Candy Cane fabric which has been cut into triangles on the Perfect Pennants Big Shot die. This makes cutting them out really quick and easy. I then ran them through my sewing machine and attched them to satin ribbon using zigzag stitch.Each letter was embossed in white using the Broadsheet alphabet stamp set on Real Red textured cardstock. These were cut out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and layered onto the 1 3/4" circle punch circles in Whisper White card.

You can just about see the Daffodil Delight yellow star here. That was made by punching out the 5-petal flower punch and then cutting off the curves. Makes creating stars very easy if you don't have a star punch! The scalloped circles in Garden Green card were cut on the Pennant die. Here is a close-up:




The original idea was on one of the inspiration boards at Convention in Paris. I'm therefore not sure who made them so I can't give full credit, but here is a photo:



There is a 10% discount being offered by me if you'd like to order any of the products used during the 12 Days of Christmas (these are in bold) or any other products from the UK catalogue. Just let me know and I can even have it sent to your home!


This morning by DH and I slept in. Munchkin did not.


This is some of the chaos we woke up to: My basket of crafting goodies all over the place. All the glue dots and ribbons had been totally unravelled.


Unfortunately there was worse to come when I discovered my embossing powder stash:

So now I have no clear or black embossing powders. She also decided to put ALL the margarine onto one piece of bread, put my credit card into the CD player and take all the sauces out of the fridge.



Are you thinking we must have the devil's child? Well look how sweet and innocent she looked 10 minutes later:






Onwards to more adventures! See you tomorrow for Day 11!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cate
    That little angel couldn't off possibly done all of that, I think you must have some naughty elfs somewhere in the house.
    Love the banner, it's awesome.
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!