Thursday 8 December 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Day 8

One of the fun things about the Festive Season is BAKING! I love making edible treats for friends & family but it's important to make them look irresistible too.

So I like to decorate jars and fill them with treats:


This jar was filled with mincemeat a few days ago! Now it has Butterballs made from the Gwyneth Paltrow cookbook. Yum!

To make the lid I cut some Candy Cane fabric with the Scalloped circle big shot die and used red tape to fix it around the edge. I then tied a length of satin ribbon around the neck of the jar in a big bow and it was almost done.

The label was made with a stamp from Four Frames stamped in Real Red ink and punched out with the decorative label Punch. The words were handwritten with a marker and a couple of Rhinestones finished it off!


How is the label stuck on so well? It's those fantastic Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (pg122). They are like giant 12x12" sheets of Snail adhesive. I am addicted to these great value sheets. They are just £13.50 for 12 sheets and don't have to be used exclusively with the big shot. You can open the sheet and rub punched shapes on there to make them super sticky. As the sheets are permanent the pieces then stick very well!

Don't forget that I'm offering a 10% discount on all items in my posts marked in bold during this series of Festive posts.

See you tomorrow for Day 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!