Monday 19 December 2011

Meeting baby Eva

Yesterday we had the pleasure of meeting our friend's new baby, Eva. She is one month old today! She was such a cutie but I didn't get any good photos unfortunately.

Anyway I made her this card. It's based on a design I saw on Kristina Werner's blog only changed quite a bit!

The base is Pirouette Pink cardstock that has been stamped with the small background stamp, Dot Dot Dot in Pretty in Pink ink. I then layered a strip of Rose Red DSP and a strip of Elegant Eggplant cardstock. The circles were made with a 1" circle punch and the hearts were stamped separately.

The hearts came from the set Tiny Tags and were stamped in Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie and Elegant Eggplant. I then cut them out close to the stamped image and then raised them up on Dimensionals.

To make Eva's name letters I used my Big Shot. It's just great to have the Big Shot. Before that I used to use those sticky letters but found I always ran out of certain letters (E and A usually went first!) and also they were not necessarily the right colour. The Big Shot allows me to cut letters in the colour I want and I could then dip them in Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Love LOVE LOVE them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!