Saturday 16 June 2012

Flutterby

Hello All! Welcome to the weekend! Although it's Fathers' Day tomorrow I thought I'd share a more feminine card with you today.

The card base is Night of Navy (even though it looks purple-ish on the photo). The next layer is a piece of Newsprint DSP. I LOVE this paper. It's really great to tear and crinkle, like I did on this layer. I also sponged the edge with Soft Suede ink using a dauber which is a great way to add a bit more vintage-ness to the already vintage style paper.

The next layer was a bit more complex. I cut 3" x 1/4" strips of Crumb Cake card and then wove them together to make a basket weave look. The ends of the strips were cut randomly to make them look rough and ready.

The butterfly (All A Flutter) is a great versatile stamp in the A La Carte section of the catalogue. It was stamped in Soft Suede ink, and then guess what? Yes, I coloured it! I used my ink pads to pick up: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red and Perfect Plum inks. The hardest part was cuttting out those anntenae! To make the butterfly *pop* I used a circle of Very Vanilla behind it.

I made this card for the lady opposite who has recently been unwell but has now returned home from hospital. She has a beautiful garden which is always full of butterflies and other creatures buzzing about!

To celebrate  reaching 500 blog posts this week I am offering a surprise goodie bag of Stampin' Up! goodies and cards I've made if you start following my blog!!


Sign up to follow before 8pm on Sunday 17th June 2012 and I'll choose a winner at random. You'll then have 72hours to claim your prize and send me you details so I can post you a surprise goodie bag!!!!


If you're already a follower you will automatically be entered into the draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!