Saturday 23 June 2012

Twitterpated Cushion

Hello and Happy Saturday!

Today I have a project to share with you that I have been meaning to make for a loooong time but have finally done it.

It's a ruffled cushion!
It uses the Twitterpated fabric in the Summer mini catalogue.

It started off as a cheap cushion cover from Primark. I think it was about £3 or less.
 I cut three 3" strips of each fabric and then used my sewing machine to ruffle the fabric. It was surprisingly easy to do. I'd never done it before so I thought I'd look it up. Basically you sew two rows of the longest stitch length next to each other and then gather the ends up.

I'm so lazy I did not even hem the strips. I think next time I might spend the time hemming and ironing everything.
 Once the ruffled pieces were ready I lay them across the cushion cover and then figured out the space needed between the strips. It turned out to be 2" gaps. I used a pencil and ruler to make marks so I could line up the strips.
 Next I sewed the ruffles on and covered up the rough edge at the top with some lovely Blushing Bride pleated satin ribbon. Lush!!!!
 And here it is, a simple ruffled cushion cover made by a non-sewer! Plus it only took an hour or so to do. I'll have to give this sewing lark another go soon, me thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!