Thursday 12 July 2012

40 sucks!

Hello and welcome to the second post of the gifts I made for my lovely pal Jo. She is a very young 40 so I thought I would make her a gift that reflects that:
The first thing I started with was a plant pot I thought she'd like; that was the real gift that she can keep. I then added some Elegant Eggplant spotted ribbon and filled it to the brim with Oasis foam.
 The fun part was sticking all the lollies into the foam and trying to maintain the count at 40 lollies as Munchkin was desperately trying to steal one!
My Big Shot came into use again to cut the label, again in Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White. The numbers were cut in Lucky Limeade and the word in Daffodil Delight. I enjoyed sticking gems all over it too!! The final touch was to tie a piece of striped Bakers Twine in Island Indigo to the wooden skewer. I was really pleased with how this came out and the lollies went down a treat with the children at the party.

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Will most definately be copying this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. It was nice to take to a party as the kids loved picking out a lolly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!