Wednesday 18 July 2012

Penguin birthday wishes

One of the best things about crafting is the social side. There is nothing more fun than crafting with a pal! Last week I managed to squeeze in a micro crafting session with my crafty hippy friend Lauren.

The is one of the cards I made while hanging out with her. It's a fun fold card with some Everyday Enchantment papers (naturally!). I also used one of my new tools: Adorning Accents Edgelits dies. There are two dies in the pack and they co-ordinate brilliantly with the Bordering on Romance stamp set in the Summer 2012 mini catalogue. I used the scallop edge which is like a double scallop as each large scallop has mini scallops along the edge! (you can zoom in on the picture to see what I mean). The rhinestones added a bit of sparkle to each scallop.

The main image was made using the Owl Punch. Such a fantastically versatile punch. To make the sparkly oval and edging for the sentiment I punched out the shapes and rubbed them onto the Big Shot multipurpose adhesive sheets to make them all sticky. Oddly I used these sticky sheets all the time but rarely with the Big Shot! Anyway, once they were all sticky it was simply a case of dipping the shapes into Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!