Sunday 26 August 2012

Beeline

Hello and happy birthday to my lovely cousin Katrina, who turns sweet 16 today. She's away adventuring in Africa at the moment so today's card is not really for her, but I didn't want to let the occasion go unnoticed.

This card was based on a punch art one seen on Pinterest (naturally!) and I used the set Reason to Smile to create a floral background on Whisper White with Daffodil Delight ink. Only 5 more days left to get your hands on this fabulous set!

The bee was made with the bauble punch. Sooooo much more than just a bauble, it punches the perfect shape for a bee's body. A 3/4" circle of Basic Black was added for a head. To make the wings vellum was cut with the large oval punch, and  they were then sponged with some Basic Black ink. The same oval punch was used to create the bee's stripes on the body and the anntenae.

Such a fun little card! Have a great Sunday. I'll be at work this morning and then hanging with my family in the afternoon enjoying the extra long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!