Monday 24 September 2012

Losing my mind

I heard that when you start living with the school terms for your child that things can go a bit mad. What I didn't expect was to lose my mind in less than 3 weeks! I could have sworn I left posts for you all this weekend, but hey-ho, the rather more speedy descent into maddness has begun.

Anyway, onto today's card:
It features a bunch of things from the new seasonal catalogue. I started with a Whisper White base that I ran through my Big Shot with the new Lacy Brocade embossing folder. There are couple of great things about embossing folders, but these new ones have something else to add: they are bigger! They now cover a whole card base front which is awesome as I always found I had to trim my cards before.
 
Next was a layer of vellum and Certainly Celery Spotty Grosgrian ribbon. The main embellishement was made with the large scallop circle on scraps of patterned paper. The stamps are from the Seasonal Hostess set: Mixed Medley. This set features all sorts of images, suitable for Christmas, valentines, halloween and friend cards/scrapbook pages. I stamped the small scallop in Raspberry Ripple and punch it out with the NEW 1 1/4" scallop circle. This punch is soooo great. I'll show you more things with it soon.
 
The centre of the embellishment was from the same set and stamped in Certainly Celery to match the ribbon. This was punched with a 3/4" circle punch and raised up on dimensionals. A little flourish of linen thread tucked underneath and voila! A slight copycat of the one on pg39 of the Seasonal Catalogue... but it has come to be mine now.
 
Check back soon (if I can find time to craft this evening!) for more projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!