Wednesday 3 October 2012

Blooms in focus

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

Today's card was made with a sponging technique. The large blooms were stamped with Illuminate ink and embossed with Vanilla embossing powder (pg159). Smells divine!!!

Next, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry and Rose Red ink were sponged over to give a soft focus look. The illuminate ink makes the image really shimmery. This main panel was layered onto Shimmery White card with a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock on top.

Do you recognise the sentiment? I was thrilled when I realised that the set You Are Loved had made it into the Main Catalogue (pg 24)!! I love the images and sentiments in the set. The words Sweet Friend were stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink onto a piece of vellum. This was wrapped around the main image and glued on at the back.

To finish, a few pearls and a strip of scallop dots ribbon in Elegant Eggplant added a bit of decoration. This makes a pretty versatile card as you could vary the colours and sentiments really easily to fit most occasions.

How have you been finding the new Main catalogue? I am still learning where everything is as 205 pages is a lot to take in!!! I'm loving the zoomed in photos and gorgeous projects too. My wishlist grows every time I look....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!