Saturday 3 November 2012

My convention swaps

This weekend I am at the 2012 Stampin' Up! Convention in Mainz, Germany. Very exciting!
 
One thing I had to prepare for the Convention was my swaps. There are 800 peope booked to attend, but I didn't feel that I could make quite that many! Instead I made a handful of these little sleeves that conceal some yummy sweets. My favourite swaps always contain an edible treat!!
 
 
Here's a view of how the sweets get in and out of the sleeve:
 
Here is a closer view:

The base is Crumb Cake cardstock. I used my lovely Scor-pal to score the lines for the folds before embossing on the Big Shot. The embossing folder is called Lace Brocade from the Autumn/Winter Seasonal catalogue.

To decorate the lovely punches came into use. The main scallop circle was punched from Very Vanilla card. Layered on top is a 1 3/8" circle of Tangerine Tango card. Raised on Dimensionals is a small scalloped circle punched from Pool Party spotty DSP. The stamped sentiment comes from one of the hostess stamp sets in the back of the Autumn/Winter seasonal catalogue. It is stamped in Tangerine Tango to match the larger circle.7 To finish a little bit of Victoria Lace was added.

I'm quite happy with them and can't wait to swap them at convention. I'll have to show you what I exchanged them for when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!