Tuesday 4 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Day 4

Hello and welcome to Day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas series I've put together. Today is a quick and easy gift to make for girlfriends/female members of your family.
 
I started off using some Spice Cake (pg110) fabric.
 The Circles #2 die cut me 6 circles at once.
 Next I roughly sewed in running stitch around the edge of each circle. Running stitch is just in and out/up and down until you reach the part where you started.
 Next, pull the thread tight to make the fabric gather to make a puff ball.
 Tie a knot and sew a button over the rough edges to hide them. I used Naturals Designer Buttons (pg176).
 Here are all 6 circles laid out. I then sewed this to a piece of 1/2" elastic to form a bracelet.

Here is the finished gift! A great stocking stuffer or heartfelt gift for a dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!